Saturday, February 25, 2012

Yet another week of excitement!

Wow! What a week it has been! I am pleased to announce that I have been in contact back and forth with the American Red Cross and working together, we have been very productive! As it stands now, I will be hosting a blood drive in Hartsville in the month of May and co-hosting a blood drive in Manning in early June! It's so exciting to think that through the promotion of my platform, I am able to not only be in the donor's chair, I get to be an advocate for blood donation and encourage others to put themselves in the donor's seat as well! I'm thrilled about having these two drives to look forward to and the Red Cross was just as ecstatic as I was! Every blood donation counts! Currently, there is a deficit as far as blood supply goes in the state of South Carolina. With your help, we can change this and make a difference. I hope to see you in the donor's chair in either May or June. Stay tuned for more details, for they will be provided as more details are confirmed!

As if that wasn't enough excitement for one week, I was also honored to serve as the emcee at the Miss Mid-Carolina Middle School Pageant this evening! What a beautiful group of girls they had competing, and I was thoroughly impressed by their grace and professionalism! These girls have been practicing and rehearsing for weeks, and it definitely showed when they were on stage. Their poise and grace was incomparable to other girls their age, and I can truly say that I'm glad I was the emcee and not a judge for this competition! This was the first time I was behind the microphone instead of competing underneath the lights and let me just say, it was a completely different feeling! I will admit, there was a little more pressure where I was tonight, but it was a wonderful experience and I would love love love to do something like this again! I would like to extend the warmest congratulations to the new 2012 queen, Miss Kori Kunkle! I was also pleased to run into a fellow Miss South Carolina sister, Miss Piedmont Teen Megan Clark! Tonight was definitely a night of firsts, but it was a wonderful experience and a distinct honor!






Of course, I will be keeping busy and keeping this up to date. Until next time, I'll leave you with this thought: YOU have the opportunity to impact the life of a young child. When? RIGHT NOW! I strongly urge you to make a donation to the Children's Miracle Network if you are able. As a member of the Miss America Organization, I can truly say that I am thrilled to be able to represent and promote such a wonderful organization! Don't delay, donate today! Visit http://missamericaforkids.org/Donate/27232ACF48F262C.


No comments:

Post a Comment