Tuesday, March 13, 2012

American Red Cross Month- March 13th

To begin with, I've made some changes to the layout of my blog! I've added links to different websites for you to explore as well as new pictures! I hope that through all of this, you have the opportunity to learn more about me and the organizations I'm representing!

One of my main goals this year is to have an impact on the American Red Cross. I want to be a positive figure who makes leaps and bounds to increase the donation statistics. In continuation with National American Red Cross Month, today's fact is in regards to the current statistics. Currently in the United States, only 3% of people donate blood. That's only a mere 3 out of every 100 citizens! I know that we have the ability to increase this statistic. Through advocation and positive encouragement, I believe anything is possible. If you haven't donated blood previously, try it! It's not as scary as you may think, and there is nothing to fear when you are giving the gift of life! If you have donated blood previously, don't stop! Keep donating and encouraging your peers to donate as well! Through teamwork and determination, we can have an impact and increase the statistics. I'm only the supplier of information and positive encouragement. In order to be successful, we must work together. Don't hesitate! Donate and save lives!

I hope that you make strides to increase the donation statistic! There is no better time than the present to begin! With that being said, here are tomorrow's (March 14th) blood drives across the state of South Carolina:*
Dutch Fork High School- Irmo
American Red Cross Donor Center- Sumter
McLeod Medical Center- Darlington
ACS Technologies- Florence
*All dates and locations were obtained via the official American Red Cross Website.

No comments:

Post a Comment