Friday, March 30, 2012

American Red Cross Month- March 30th

It has been such an exciting day! After 3 weeks in the big city of Columbia, I finally got to ride the back roads and come back to the small towns of Hartsville and Manning! Let me tell you, I do love the city, but I will always be a small town girl at heart! I had the ability to visit some of the businesses in Hartsville, spend time with some of the citizens, and make a much needed iced coffee stop at The Midnight Rooster! The remainder of my afternoon was then spent with the wonderful Miss Wade Hampton-Taylors, Alyssa Cumbee, collecting donations for BI-LO Charities! Having fun and making a difference, despite sore feet and legs! It was well worth it.





While in Hartsville, I also stopped by the First Presbyterian Church, which is the venue for my blood drive on May 19th! The plans are set and the preparations have been made! I'm very excited about being able to host this event and I hope that you all find it in your hearts to donate blood! More details will be provided closer to the event. I will also be putting posters up around Hartsville with the information. Be on the lookout for those!


Through the generous blood donations of people just like yourself, the American Red Cross is able to provide blood to over 3,000 hospitals nationwide! That's a lot of lives saved! However, they wouldn't be able to provide for the blood transfusions that take place at all those hospitals if it wasn't for generous donors. The more, the better!


TOMORROW IS THE LAST DAY OF NATIONAL AMERICAN RED CROSS MONTH! With that said, don't let your last opportunity to make a difference during the month of March pass you by! Here are tomorrow's blood drives around the state of South Carolina:*
ATP Gunshop and Range- Summerville
Columbia and Florence Fixed Donation Centers
*Dates and locations were obtained via the official American Red Cross website.

No comments:

Post a Comment