Saturday, March 17, 2012

American Red Cross Month- March 17th

First off, Happy St. Patrick's Day! I don't know about you, but I was seeing green everywhere I went! Your pot of gold at the end of the rainbow is like a person in need of a blood transfusion's pint of blood. Except, those in need of a transfusion can't depend on luck to bring them their blood! It's up to us, as generous donors, to bring their own bit of gold into their lives!

This week, I placed emphasis on the fact that you can donate blood both at blood drives and fixed donation centers. I'm a number person, so I wanted to provide you with some statistics in regards to the two places where you can donate! About 80% of blood donations come from blood drives set up by different organizations throughout the year and the remaining 20% are donations that take place at the fixed donation centers. This could be because blood drives tend to be promoted more often and effectively or people may not know about the fixed donation centers. Regardless of what the reason is, I feel as if it is my job to promote both! A blood donation is a blood donation, no matter where it takes place! The same protocol is followed and you are still giving the gift of life! 

Tomorrow is Sunday, but there is still a blood drive! Here is March 18th's blood drive in South Carolina:*
St. Stephen's Lutheran Church- Lexington
*Drive date and location was obtained via the official American Red Cross website.

No comments:

Post a Comment